Eric Pearl, The Reconnection, LLC, The Reconnection (Europe) SL, and all related entities (collectively, “The Reconnection”) in connection with The Reconnection® and Reconnective Healing®, including but not limited to seminars, teachings, any information or people, including but not limited to practitioners, instructors, assistants, representatives, associates, employees, agents and or assignees related thereto, make no promises, guarantees, representations and or warranties regarding medical diagnosis and or medical treatment, and are neither diagnosing, preventing, nor treating specific health challenges. You are solely responsible for your own medical care. Registration fees are non-refundable, but are transferable to another Reconnection Seminar up to one year from seminar date. Should you need to reschedule, please contact our office at +1 323 960 0012. The Reconnection reserves the right to change the instructor and or presenter for each seminar and or presentation and or event without notice.
PROGRAM PARTICIPATION & PRACTITIONER AGREEMENT
I, the person identified below, enter into (or on whose behalf a parent or guardian executes) this Program Participation & Practitioner Agreement (“Agreement”) with the Reconnection, LLC (hereafter, “Company” – which shall mean The Reconnection, LLC, a limited liability company formed in the State of California, United States and, where the context requires, includes its current European subsidiary, The Reconnection (Europe) S.L., and any of their past, current or future parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or their assigns). By signing below or electronically indicating my acceptance, I agree to be bound by this Agreement.
This Agreement contains three parts. Part I applies to me if I attend and/or have attended any Reconnection Event, and also governs my receipt of any Reconnection Information at a Reconnection Event or through other means. If I complete requirements set by the Company to become a Reconnective Healing Practitioner, Part II also applies to me. Part III contains general provisions that apply to me irrespective of whether I am governed by just Part I, or also Part II.
The following terms are used throughout this Agreement:
- “Reconnective Healing” refers to the healing approaches developed by Eric Pearl and taught by the Company and/or its representatives – including, but not limited to, approaches taught in the training programs described as Level I (The Essentials of Reconnective Healing Training Program), Level II (The Reconnective Healing Foundational Practitioner Program), and The Reconnection-Certified Practitioner Program (formerly known as Level III/The Reconnection).
- “Reconnection Event” means any past, present, and/or future lectures, book signings, workshops, training programs or events taught, led, organized, moderated and/or hosted by Eric Pearl and/or a representative of the Company, held, exhibited or distributed in any medium now known or hereafter devised, including but not limited to live, radio, television, prerecorded audio or video, online, or mobile.
- “Reconnection Information” means any material, content, teachings, methods, processes, tools, concepts, guides, kits, know-how, lessons, works, ideas, and other information related to Reconnective Healing, Reconnection Events, the Reconnective Healing Program, the Company and/or Eric Pearl (including but not limited to the book entitled “The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself”) that is conveyed to or received by me in any form or media now or hereafter devised, at any time (before, during or after a Reconnection Event which I attend).
- “Reconnective Healing Program” means the overall program and system of Reconnection Events, Reconnection Information, and training of participants to become Reconnective Healing Practitioners, as may be updated from time to time.
- A “Reconnective Healing Practitioner” is a person who has completed requirements set by the Company to be authorized to provide Reconnective Healing services and who continues to fulfill ongoing requirements set by the Company to maintain his or her Classification.
- A Reconnective Healing Practitioner may qualify for one or more classifications (each as “Classification”) such as: (a) a “Reconnective Healing Foundational Practitioner” (for completion of program Levels I and II); (b) “Reconnection-Certified Practitioner” (for completion of The Reconnection-Certified Practitioner Program, formerly referenced as Level III/The Reconnection); and/or (c) any other classification which the Company may later choose to offer.
PART I: TERMS APPLICABLE TO PARTICIPANTS AT ANY RECONNECTION EVENT
A. Disclaimer. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE RECONNECTIVE HEALING PROGRAM, THE RECONNECTION EVENTS AND THE RECONNECTION INFORMATION ARE NOT DESIGNED TO, AND DO NOT PROVIDE, MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT OR CURE FOR ANY MEDICAL CONDITION, DISEASE OR ILLNESS. I UNDERSTAND THAT I SHOULD NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, NOR DELAY IN SEEKING IT, BECAUSE OF SOMETHING I HAVE LEARNED, VIEWED, LISTENED TO, READ OR OTHERWISE ASCERTAINED OR OBTAINED FROM OR BASED ON ANY COMPONENT OF THE RECONNECTIVE HEALING PROGRAM, ANY RECONNECTION EVENT OR ANY RECONNECTION INFORMATION CONVEYED TO ME BY THE COMPANY, COMPANY REPRESENTATIVES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RECONNECTION PARTIES) OR ERIC PEARL AT ANY TIME (BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER ANY RECONNECTION EVENT). ANYTHING I LEARN OR EXPERIENCE FROM THE RECONNECTIVE HEALING PROGRAM, ANY RECONNECTION EVENT OR ANY RECONNECTION INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE THE SERVICES OF A TRAINED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL OR BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL ADVICE OF PHYSICIANS. THE COMPANY RECOMMENDS THAT I CONSULT A PHYSICIAN IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO MY HEALTH, PARTICULARLY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SYMPTOMS THAT MAY REQUIRE DIAGNOSIS OR MEDICAL ATTENTION. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES OFFERED OR PROVIDED TO ME IN ANY COMPONENT OF THE RECONNECTIVE HEALING PROGRAM, ANY RECONNECTION EVENT OR ANY RECONNECTION INFORMATION.
B. Release of Liability. I, on behalf of myself and my respective successors, executors and assigns, fully and forever release and discharge the Company, Eric Pearl, and their officers, members, managers, representatives, affiliates, and each of their successors, assigns, estates, beneficiaries, legal representatives, agents, employees, teachers, staff, attorneys, insurance carriers, sponsors, hosts, hotels, other venues, volunteers and independent contractors (collectively, the “Reconnection Parties”), in perpetuity, of and from any and all manner of claims, liabilities, obligations, actions, causes of action and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) (“Claims”) which I may have arising from, related to, or based on any injuries, damages or losses to myself or other persons (including death), property (whether tangible or intangible), income or other matter, which may be sustained directly or indirectly as a result of: (a) any component of the Reconnective Healing Program; (b) any Reconnection Event, and my attendance at and participation in any Reconnection Event; and (c) my receipt and use of any Reconnection Information, including my receipt or practicing of any Reconnective Healing approaches.
C. Indemnification. I, on behalf of myself and my respective successors, executors and assigns, fully and forever agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Reconnection Parties, from and against any and all Claims arising from, related to, or based on: (a) the Reconnective Healing Program; (a) my attendance at and participation in any Reconnection Event; and (c) my receipt and use of any Reconnection Information, including my receipt or practicing of any Reconnective Healing approaches.
D. Grant of Publicity Rights. I hereby grant the Company and its agents the irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable right and license to: (a) make recordings or take photographic images in any and all media now or hereafter known (including audiovisual, audio or photographic media) of me at, during or in connection with my participation in any Reconnection Event (the “Recordings”), and edit or make derivative works based upon such Recordings; and (b) to use, reproduce, and distribute my name, likeness, voice, and biographical information (including in connection with any Recordings taken by or on behalf of the Company) in any and all media now or hereafter known for any purpose, including without limitation, to produce content for the Company and for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Reconnective Healing Program, any Reconnection Event, the Company or any of its activities. I hereby release the Reconnection Parties from any liability with respect to the Company’s exercise or use of any of the foregoing rights granted by me. I acknowledge and agree that I am not entitled to any royalties, license fee, or other compensation for use by the Company (or its representatives, agents or licensees) of the Recordings or any of the foregoing rights granted by me. I waive and release the Reconnection Parties from any and all claims that I may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction in the world based on “moral rights” or “droit moral” or unfair competition with respect to the use or exploitation by the Company (or its representatives, agents or licensees) of any Recordings in which I may appear, and agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against the Reconnection Parties on the grounds that any use of the Recordings, or any derivative works therefrom, infringe or violate any of my rights.
E. Preclusion from Events. I acknowledge that, at any time and in its sole discretion, the Company has the right to remove or preclude me from attending or participating in any Reconnection Event, without any refund, compensation, damages or liability owed to me.
F. Intellectual Property. I acknowledge that Company, Eric Pearl and/or their assigns or licensees own and control all worldwide patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and/or other intellectual property rights, title and interest in and to the following “Intellectual Property”: (a) the Reconnective Healing Program, including the format and design of Reconnection Events; (b) all content, material or works provided, used or communicated at any Reconnection Event or otherwise provided, used or communicated in connection with the Reconnective Healing Program; (c) all content, material, publications or works created, prepared, written or published by Company and/or Eric Pearl; (c) any and all Reconnection Information; (d) the Recordings; and (e) any and all trademarks, service marks, design marks, and logos owned by the Company and/or Eric Pearl (whether such marks are registered or not in a given country, jurisdiction or territory)(collectively, the “Reconnection Marks”). I agree that I am prohibited from using any of the Intellectual Property, except as may be specifically permitted and restricted in section II.F.1 below if I am granted a Classification from the Company. I therefore acknowledge and agree that if I am not granted a Classification from the Company, I am prohibited from using any of the Intellectual Property. I will not do anything inconsistent with the Company’s and/or Eric Pearl’s ownership of the Intellectual Property, and acknowledge that nothing in this Agreement shall give me any right, title, or interest in any of the Intellectual Property (other than the licenses that may granted to me in section II.F below if I have been granted a Classification). I further agree that I will not challenge the Company’s and/or Eric Pearl’s ownership of the Intellectual Property. I will not use or make application to register (anywhere in the world) any mark that is confusingly similar to or that would dilute any Reconnection Marks.
G. Contributions and Intellectual Propery. If I submit or contribute any ideas or concepts related to and/or that may supplement or enhance any aspect of Reconnective Healing, Reconnection Events, the Reconnection Information, or the Reconnective Healing Program (“Contributions”) and if such Contributions are developed and/or implemented with or by the Company, unless the Company otherwise agrees in writing, I hereby: (1) assign and agree to assign to Company all worldwide right, title, and interest to such Contributions and all elements thereof, including without limitation all worldwide copyright, trademark, patent and other intellectual property rights, and (2) agree to assist Company and execute such documents as may be necessary, in Company’s judgment, to evidence such assignment and secure Company’s rights to the Contributions, including, without limitation, prosecution of patent applications, and copyright or trademark registrations.
PART II: Reconnective Healing® Foundational Practitioner (RHFP) Agreement
Central to the philosophy and application of the RH® Experience in professional practice are the following four tenants:
- We are enough. Any attempt to enhance the healing exchange by adding external sources of ‘power’ immediately diminishes our capacity to view ourselves as whole, worthy and in our mastery and therefore diminishes our ability to receive and facilitate healing. When we fully acknowledge our wholeness, this is reflected within our clients’ RH Experiences™ as well as in our own and we transcend the experience of lack and limitation.
- Healing resides solely within the realm of “Love.” To include practices of protection for either our clients or ourselves introduces both “fear and separation” into the healing equation, diluting the power of love to resonate as the sole, dominant force in the interaction.
- We are not directing the healing, treating challenges or symptoms or attempting to bring about a specific outcome. When we withdraw our attention from that which appears to be lacking or imbalanced, we become witness to the natural wholeness that exists at the level of one’s full essence. This opens the door for unlimited possibilities and allows this healing intelligence to create the opportunities for optimal and necessary change and transformation. We, in turn, do not direct the process or attempt to influence the outcome of the experience.
- We are not the conduit for healing. We allow direct communication between our clients and Source or true essence by participating as a catalyst for this exchange. By stepping out of the role of “intermediary,” we free ourselves and our clients from the illusion that we are the conduit for the transmission of Energy, Light & Information® and we empower ourselves and others to recognize the limitless, direct connection with Source. As such we become witness to the unfolding.
The preceding core tenets are essential to fully accessing the benefits and gifts of the RH Experience. Therefore, the following related parameters must be consistently applied by all RH Foundational Practitioners:
- During a professional RH session, under no circumstances should Foundational Practitioners add or include any of the following:
- Intentional Use of Sensory-Stimulating ‘Enhancements’ such as
- Auditory: Music, tones, chimes, singing bowls, water sounds, etc.
- Visual: Use of specific colored lighting or other visual stimulation.
- Tactile: ‘Enhanced’ massage table pads - heated or textured (e.g., acupressure pads), magnetic or crystal embedded, etc.
- Olfactory: Essential oils (directly applied or through diffusing), scented candles, sprays, fragrant plants, etc.
- The use of external props: crystals, energy grids, ‘healing’ jewelry (necklaces, amulets, rings, bracelets, etc.), etc.
- Rituals or objects for protection
- The combined use or application of energy healing techniques, practices or rituals
- The delivery of psychic or mediumship messages (before, during or after the session)
- Offering of invocations, healing prayers or guided meditations (before, during, or after the session)
- Focusing or directing energy for the purpose of “fixing, diagnosing and/or treating” and/or otherwise attempting to influence or bring about specific changes in specific problems or challenges.
- Intentional Use of Sensory-Stimulating ‘Enhancements’ such as
B. Ethical Guidelines:
- I understand that my clients are the most important part of my practice. I will treat them professionally, compassionately and with dignity.
- I will provide a safe, clean, professional and appropriate environment for client sessions.
- I will not ask my clients to disrobe (except for their discretionary removal of footwear).
C. No Medical Services
- I recognize the people who come to me for Reconnective Healing® are clients, not patients, in connection with the Reconnective Healing® services I provide. If I am a licensed medical or other health care professional who has patients and/or provides medical and/or other health care services, including but not limited to psychological, psychiatric or similar or related services, to an individual in such capacity, I acknowledge and agree that such medical and/or health care services are separate and apart from any Reconnective Healing® services I provide. I accept full responsibility for anything related to those services.
- I will communicate to my clients that Reconnective Healing® is not a medical treatment or therapeutic procedure, and is not a substitute for medical care or treatment. I will also communicate to my clients that they are solely responsible for seeking their own medical advice and care.
- I will not diagnose, treat or advise about any medical symptom, condition, illness or disease, physical, mental or emotional, of any person when practicing Reconnective Healing®.
- I will not make any promises or guarantees or representations to clients about the results of the Reconnective Healing Experience™.
D. Communicating about Reconnective Healing® or any “Reconnection Information” (any and all information having to do with Reconnective Healing®, The Reconnection®, The Personal Reconnection™, it’s programs, trainings, etc.)
- Unless I am an authorized member of The Reconnection, LLC (“Company”) or The Reconnection Global Advisory Alliance (GAA), or have prior written permission from The Reconnection, LLC, I will limit my presentations about Reconnective Healing® and Reconnection Information to fifteen (15) minutes or less. If I wish to provide longer presentations, I understand that I must collaborate with an approved member of The Reconnection Global Advisory Alliance (GAA).
- There may be situations in which I wish to create, either by myself or with a third party, written material, photographic, video, audiovisual or other content about Reconnective Healing® or The Reconnection® or Reconnection Information. I will submit all proposed content to The Reconnection, LLC for advance approval before:
- (a) I publish, distribute or in any way use such content through means I control (e.g., posting on my own blog, website or social media account); and/or
- (b) I submit such content to or in any way encourage, enable or allow any third party to publish, distribute or in any way use including but not limited to submitting to another website or publisher.
- (a) I publish, distribute or in any way use such content through means I control (e.g., posting on my own blog, website or social media account); and/or
- Only with prior written consent from The Reconnection, LLC, will I conduct any interviews with, or make any appearances on, media outlets (whether print, television, radio, online, digital or in any other media known or not yet known) to discuss Reconnective Healing® or any Reconnection Information.
- When communicating about Reconnective Healing® and/or any “Reconnection Information,” I will not modify or add to the teachings I have received from The Reconnection, LLC and/or any of it’s programs, trainings, instructors and/or representatives, etc.
- Unless I am specifically trained and authorized to do so in writing by The Reconnection, LLC and/or Reconnective Academy International, I will not teach anyone to facilitate Reconnective Healing® and/or The Reconnection® and/or The Personal Reconnection™ and/or any form of healing and/or healing approach that is the same, substantially similar to, or derived from the philosophy and approaches of Reconnective Healing®.
- While I am a Reconnective Healing® Practitioner, I shall not say, make, state, or publish, directly or indirectly, or assist anyone else in saying, making, stating or publishing, orally or in writing, directly or indirectly, anything derogatory or disparaging about: (a) The Reconnection, LLC and/or any person and/or program in any way associated with the The Reconnection, LLC; (b) Reconnective Healing®, The Reconnection®, The Personal Reconnection™, Reconnection Events, Reconnection Information and/or any aspect of the Reconnective Healing® Programs; and/or (c) Eric Pearl and/or Jillian Fleer.
E. Promoting My Services as a Reconnective Healing® Practitioner
I understand I may advertise, market and/or promote my status as a Reconnective Healing® Practitioner and my offering of the Reconnective Healing® services, in which I have been trained and determined eligible by the Company to offer, with such tools including business cards, brochures, advertisements and websites. When doing so, I will comply with the following provisions:
- When identifying my status as a Reconnective Healing® Practitioner, I will only use the titles that I have been qualified to use exactly as determined by the Company (such as “Reconnective Healing Foundational Practitioner” and/or “Reconnection-Certified Practitioner”). I shall not modify or change the Classification name or description in any way.
- When creating printed or other forms of promotional material describing Reconnective Healing® and/or The Personal Reconnection®*, I will ensure that all of my descriptions and wording are consistent with the language published on the Company website or in other written or promotional materials distributed by the Company (such as the brochure entitled “Getting the Word Out,” or Dr. Eric Pearl’s book, The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself). If I wish to create my own descriptions or material to describe Reconnective Healing® and/or The Personal Reconnection™, I understand that I must obtain advance written approval from The Reconnection, LLC for such material before I print, distribute, publish, or in any way share and/or use any it. Any necessary assistance for such revisions will be facilitated through collaboration with a member of the Global Advisory Alliance with applicable associated fees for mentoring support.
- When promoting my Reconnective Healing® services or referencing my title and/or Classification, I agree to promote and offer only services that are permitted by my Classification and that are consistent with the current teachings of Reconnective Healing®, The Reconnection®, The Personal Reconnection™, The Reconnection, LLC, and their approaches and philosophy. I recognize and accept that it is my responsibility to remain current with all of the aforementioned.
On all promotional materials I publish or distribute (including, but not limited to, business cards, brochures, advertisements and websites), I shall include the following language: “For information about Reconnective Healing®, visit www.TheReconnection.com.”
* All terms and conditions herein must also be maintained for those holding the title of Reconnection-Certified Practitioner (RCP) and apply equally to the application, practice and promotion of The Reconnection® and/or The Personal Reconnection™ as well.
* The designation of Reconnection-Certified Practitioner (RCP) is reserved only for those who have successfully completed a Reconnection-Certified Practitioner Program (RCPP).
* Only Reconnection-Certified Practitioners (RCP) may facilitate The Reconnection® and/or The Personal Reconnection™.
PART III: GENERAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO ALL PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS AND RECONNECTIVE HEALING PRACTITIONERS
A. I am an adult in my country, territory or other applicable geographic area of residence. If I am a minor, I am obtaining consent to this Agreement from my parent or guardian.
B. I acknowledge that this Agreement may be signed using an electronic or handwritten signature, which are of equal effect, whether on original or electronic copies, and acceptance of this Agreement by electronic consent (such as by clicking to indicate acceptance of this Agreement) constitutes an electronic signature. I further agree to conduct business, and enter into agreements, with the Company electronically or through electronic means.
C. Governing Law; Arbitration and No Class Actions.
- Governing Law. Regardless of the jurisdiction in which this Agreement is entered, this Agreement and its interpretation will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles, and will not be governed by the United Nations Conventions on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, if otherwise applicable.
- Arbitration. Except for claims for injunctive, specific performance or similar equitable relief (which are governed by paragraph II.C.3 below), any controversy, disagreement, dispute, or claim involving the construction, enforcement or application of any of the terms, provisions or conditions of this Agreement, and any controversy, disagreement, dispute, or claim between me and The Reconnection Parties arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the Reconnective Healing Program, any Reconnection Events, the Reconnection Information and/or (if applicable to me) my Classification and provision of Reconnective Healing services shall be settled by final and binding arbitration. Any arbitration must be commenced within one (1) year after the applicable claim or cause of action arises. Because the Reconnection Healing Program concerns interstate commerce, the United States’ Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all disputes. However, applicable U.S. federal or California state law may also apply to the substance of any disputes. The arbitration shall take place in Los Angeles, California, United States. The arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), in accordance with Title 9 of the U.S. Code (United States Arbitration Act) under the AAA’s Commercial Dispute Resolution Rules or any comparable rules then in effect, as supplemented by the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (and as stated therein, if there is a difference between the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures, the Supplementary Procedures will be used), and also as supplemented by Optional Rules for Emergency Measures of Protection. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. The costs of arbitration shall be borne equally by the parties with each party responsible for his/her or its own attorneys’ fees. The arbitrator(s) shall have the authority to determine all issues of arbitrability. The arbitrator(s) may not award punitive or exemplary damages. I and the Company voluntarily and knowingly waive all rights to punitive or exemplary damages, and to trial by jury.
- Injunctive Relief. Any party to this Agreement shall have the right to institute judicial proceedings against the other party, or anyone acting by, through or under such party, in order to enforce the instituting party’s rights hereunder through injunction, specific performance or similar equitable relief. Such judicial proceedings shall only be instituted in a court of competent jurisdiction located in the County of Los Angeles, State of California, United States of America.
- No Class Actions. Neither I nor the Company shall be entitled to join or consolidate claims in arbitration by or against (as applicable) the Company, the Reconnection Parties, other participants or practitioners of the Reconnective Healing Program, participants of the Reconnection Events, or recipients of the Reconnection Information, as a representative or member of a class or in a private attorney general capacity.
D. Miscellaneous. Neither the fact that this Agreement or any portion of this Agreement was negotiated or drafted by the Company or its attorneys shall be used for purposes of interpreting this Agreement nor shall such facts be used to construe this Agreement or any portion of this Agreement in favor of, or against, any party. I acknowledge that I have read and understood this Agreement and am entering into this Agreement freely and voluntarily. I may have entered into prior agreements with the Company (including all prior Training Programs Entrance Agreements); this Agreement shall be effective in addition to any such prior agreements. This Agreement can be modified only by a written document signed by the managing member of the Company; this Agreement cannot be modified or negated orally. The failure of the Company to enforce any right or provision in this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to in writing by the Company. I may not assign or transfer this Agreement without the Company’s prior written consent. I acknowledge that the Reconnection Parties (other than the Company) are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and may enforce their rights hereunder.